The school has an Outside School Hours Care program. This program is offered to all families at California Gully Primary School.
Outside School Hours Care costs $15.00 per child/night. This cost can be greatly reduced if you claim the Child Care Subsidy(C.C.S.) through Centrelink.
Invoices/Statements for payment are posted to families fortnightly. It is appreciated if all outstanding amounts were paid within the following fortnight.
To claim the Child Care Benefit Rebate you must complete a claim form at Centrelink.
The Outside School Hours Care program is offered to all families at California Gully Primary School.
Outside School Hours Care begins at 3.15 p.m. and children stay in Care until collected, the latest we can offer this is approximately 6.00 p.m. (there is no Outside School Hours Care on the last day of term). When collected children are to be signed out by their parent/guardian (for legal reasons persons under 18 years are not permitted to sign out children). Children are provided with a healthy snack and a drink at the start of the session then they can participate in a variety of activities, e.g. cooking, craft, indoor games, use of the computer room or outdoor games.
Bookings can be made by a written note indicating the days and times you require to use the service or by contacting the Business Manager or the service Co-Ordinator in person or by phone on 5446-8393 or 0427-338-776. If you have something come up and require the use of Outside School Hours Care, you can book your child/children in the day before or the morning of the day you require it.
If you require care you can pick up an enrolment form from the Business Manager or the Outside School Hours Care Co-Ordinator. This gives the service contact details and important information about allergies etc.
California Gully Primary School Provider Number: 406 983 140T
Accounts for the Outside School Hours Care service are sent home once a fortnight. It would be appreciated if you paid your account by the due date so your next account is not excessively high.
The fees that are charged to families who use the Outside School Hours Care service are used to assist us to pay for the service staff, afternoon tea/cooking ingredients and any other requisites that are required by the staff and children. As you can appreciate the government funding that we receive does not cover all expenses. It would be appreciated if you could assist us with this matter by paying your Outside School Hours Care Account by no later than the date stamped onto your statement each fortnight.
Setting and Payment of Fees
California Gully Primary School Outside School Hours Care program supports a fee system that is affordable and accessible to all families and ensures the program maintains viability. Users of the Outside School Hours Care programs can access Child Care Benefit.
After School Care - $15.00 per session
- Fees will be set annually as part of the California Gully Primary School Outside School Hours Care Program Council budget process
- Families will be issued invoices at the beginning of each fortnight
- Fees will be paid to the California Gully Primary School office staff on a weekly or fortnightly basis for permanent bookings unless other arrangements are made with the Business Manager
- Fees will be paid to the California Gully Primary School office staff on the day of attendance for casual users
- All fees are to be settled by the end of each term
- Families will be issued a receipt for all transactions
- All fees are payable by cash, cheque or card at the School Office or paid directly into the school's bank account
Non Payment of Fees
California Gully Primary School Outside School Hours Care program encourages parent/guardians to telephone the Business Manager if there is a problem with paying accounts
- If the account is not paid within 30 days, the Parent/guardian will be sent a reminder for immediate response
- If payment is not received after the specified date, the Parent/guardian will be contacted by telephone from the School
- If payment is not received following the telephone call, the Parent/guardian will be sent a Final Notice
- If payment is not received after the Final Notice, the child will not be accepted into the program until all outstanding accounts have been settled
- Parents/guardians are urged to speak to the Business Manager if they are experiencing financial difficulty
- Casual users will be required to pay on the day that care is used
- A receipt will be issued for each payment